A service technician is responsible for visiting client sites to perform initial diagnostics, troubleshooting and repair of integrated audio/visual systems.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair of analog and digital audio/visual equipment. Service calls may include: issues related to Crestron control equipment, projectors, wall-mounted displays, microphones, analog and digital AV switchers, DSPs and other audio equipment.
- Proficient at cutting, terminating and/or installing of wires, cables and connectors.
- Efficient at reviewing and researching manufacturer websites/manuals to determine best next steps for resolution of open issue.
- Perform software and firmware upgrades as required to correct problems encountered in the field.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance visits to help maintain stable system environment.
- Check functionality of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- Responsible for all service call documentation: service tickets, client follow-up, RMA processing, and checklists pertaining to site visits and preventative maintenance checks.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of audio/visual technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years experience working in Audio Visual industry.
- CTS or AV Associate certification (Preferred)
- Valid Drivers license
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to think and work independently.
- Strong computer, software configuration, and networking skills.
- Strong client skills - ability to communicate in a timely and organized manner.
This position does have physical demands. Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds, crawl under tables and behind Audio Visual racks, etc.