The Installation Technician at Avyve is responsible for installing AV equipment in corporate environments. Technicians are also responsible for testing completed systems, and communicating project progress both internally to team members and externally to clients. Avyve also offers an established growth path for new employees within the department.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Assist Lead Technicians on installations, reading and understanding prints
- Mount, align, and focus projectors, monitors, and Smart boards
- Mount and terminate wall motorized screens
- Field rack dressing and termination
- Pull, suspend, label, dress, and terminate cabling
- Mount and tap ceiling speakers
- Maintain Clean Jobsite, maintain power tools
- Organize project equipment and accessories
- Document project progress by posting daily recaps, including photos
- Ensure proper labeling of cables
- Ensure field safety compliance
- Responsible for field terminations, soldering, and cable dressing.
- Complete system testing in field
- Submit redlines upon completion to Project Engineer
- Adhere to established inventory Control Processes
- Work with Installation Team Supervisor and installation team to develop, communicate, and implement new installation processes and efficiencies.
- Ensure that installation team is following standard safety guidelines. Immediately communicate any onsite safety concerns to Installation Team Supervisor and VP of Technical Operations.
- Professional demeanor with internal and external clients
- Ability to work independently without intensive oversight
- Oral and written communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Positive customer service attitude
- Focused on quality
- Computer skills, structured cabling, electrical, or data cabling experience are a plus
- Ability to work along or within a team and maintain a strong team atmosphere
- Working knowledge and experience with installation of Audio/Visual equipment
- Working knowledge and experience with Audio/Visual infrastructure and design principals
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Audio/Visual technical and infrastructure drawings
- Computer skills and networking knowledge a plus